Programs and Events
Registration is Now Open!
Practice Making Perfect: The Canadian Academy of Health Sciences (CAHS) Impact Framework
Alberta Innovates – Health Solutions (AIHS), in partnership with the National Alliance of Provincial Health Research Funders (NAPHRO), is hosting a one-day Forum on October 19, 2015 in Edmonton. The focus of the forum is to share best practices and lessons learnt in implementing the Canadian Academy of Health Science (CAHS) Impact Framework. Target audiences include those who have applied or wish to apply CAHS as well as those who commission and make decisions as a result of impact assessments. The genesis of the inaugural forum is to provide a mechanism to bring together and build a Canada-wide community of practice (COP) in the emerging discipline of health research impact assessment (HRIA).
Register early to secure your attendance at the event as space is limited to 75 participants and registration will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis. Registrants with experience implementing CAHS and/or HRIA are asked to indicate their interest in participating in a pre-event session, Sunday October 18th featuring in-depth discussions on the framework; the topics of discussion will be determined by attendees. The Sunday event will be by invitation only and is currently tentativelyplanned pending sufficient interest from the community. For this reason, those interested are encouraged to register as soon as possible as space for the Sunday event would also be limited.
For more information and to register, click HERE.
Click HERE to view the pdf.
Early Bird Registration Deadline: October 16, 2015
Date: November 6, 2015
Location: The Westin Hotel, Edmonton, Alberta
Post Conference Workshop: November 7, 2015 at ECHA
Form more information and to register, click HERE.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Ginette L. Rodger
- Meet, discuss and build new links with clinicians, students and academics in your area
- Learn state-of-the-art skills via sessions on: quality improvement, leading teams, collaboration, KT, practice change and cultural competency
- Keynote address from national nurse leader
- Present and learn from research via: Scientific Symposia, Oral and Poster Presentations
- Special student rates
In this issue of the GAP E-Bulletin:
- CIHR Project Competition Workshop: What do we know?
- Project Competition Feedback Processes
- Update to the CIHR Canadian Common CV (CCV)
- Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR) Capacity Development Framework is now available
- Nomination for the CIHR College of Reviewers
- Research Metrics, Data and Search Techniques in the Science and Engineering: Workshop Series
- Healthy and Productive Work Funding Opportunity Information Webinars and Partner Linkage Tool
- Catalyst Grant: Sex as a Variable in Biomedical or Translation Research –Free online course
- CIHR Funding Opportunities & Prizes
- Pre-Announcement: Environmental Urban Health Research Consortium
- Pre-Announcement: Canada-Netherlands Personalized Medicine in Immune Mediated Inflammatory Musculoskeletal Disease Network
- Pre-Announcement: Innovation Grants – Targeting High Fatality Cancers
- CIHR Trainee Funding Opportunities & Awards
- Support for CIHR Competitions
- CIHR University Delegate News
- Subscribe to CIHR’s Funding News
- About the Program
- Subscribe to the University of Alberta Grant Assist Program (Health Sciences) E-Bulletin