Falling Walls Lab UAlberta 2017
Share your research. Win a trip to Berlin.
Falling Walls UAlberta is designed showcase the quality, passion and talent of UAlberta’s next gen researchers and innovative thinkers. We are seeking 15 graduate students, post-docs and/or young academics across all disciplines to apply. Present your idea, discovery or research work/project in 3 minutes to a panel of judges from academia, business and government. The top 3 ideas, as voted by the judges, win a trip to Berlin to participate in the Falling Walls international finale.
All semi-finalists receive special coaching to hone their presentation skills via coaching, group training and practice. Finalists will get additional coaching to prepare for the Lab.
Deadline: August 23, 2017
CIHR’s SPOR Innovative Clinical Trials – Multi-Year Operating Grant
Six multi-year operating grants of up to $1.5 million each over four years are available from CHIR’s Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR) to build capacity in innovative clinical trials.
Alberta Innovates will consider contributing towards matching funds for applications either led by an Alberta-based nominated principal applicant (NPA) or applications involving Alberta principal applicants (co-applicants) where the funds will be used in Alberta. We encourage all interested Alberta applicants intending to apply to please contact us by September 1, 2017 to be considered for Alberta Innovates funding.
CIHR LOI deadline: Sept 12, 2017
For more information, click HERE.
Alberta Innovates SPOR Graduate Studentship
The Alberta SPOR SUPPORT Unit (AbSPORU) and Alberta Health Services’ SCN teams are working to create impact for Alberta patients, families, and communities through research that creates improvements in health care and supports better outcomes. Applicants to the October 2017 Alberta SPOR Graduate Studentship competition are invited to partner with SCN’s for their research project.
Graduate students wishing to partner with the Seniors Health SCN on a project aligned with our priority areas can direct their 1 pg project proposal to the attention of Heather.Hanson@ahs.ca by September 15, 2017.
Revised Application Deadline: ESCN/SHSCN Masters’ Studentship Competition
The 2017 Joint Emergency and Seniors Health SCN Master’s Studentship Competition deadline has been revised.
New deadline: September 29, 2017
The Primary and Integrated Health Care Innovations Network
Please note that in addition to the listed requirements, a preliminary network Letter of Intent (LOI) is due August 11, 2017. If you are interested in applying to this funding opportunity, please contact the Alberta Network Coordinator Cliff Lindeman (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
Deadline: November 28, 2017
For more information, click HERE.
CIFAR Global Call for Ideas – Advance Notice
The Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR) invites the global research community to submit proposals for new programs that address complex, fundamental questions of importance to the world. Ideas must be novel, bold and potentially transformative to warrant the creation of a long-term, multi-disciplinary and collaborative research program. Proposals will be accepted from all areas of research.
- Call for LOIs opens: November 15, 2017
- LOI deadline: End of January 2018
- Announcement of short-listed proposals: March 2018
- Final proposal deadline: October 2018
- Announcement of competition results: Spring 2019
In this issue:
- Project & Foundation Competition Updates
- Institutional Deadlines for Foundation and Project Applications
- Preparing a Stage 1 Foundation Application (August 4)
- Upcoming Foundation & Project Webinars
- Editing Support for Fall 2017 Project & Foundation Applications
- CIHR Budget & Investments
- CIHR College Chairs Update (July 25)
- Changes to Paid Parental Leave for Trainees
- Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging Baseline Data Set now Available for Use
- Significant Investments to Improve Health Care for Patients in the Northwest Territories
- Workshops & Webinars
- CIHR Webinars on Student Health Awards
- Funding & Award Opportunities
- SPOR’s Rewarding Success Initiative
- Recent Funding Opportunities
- Standing Items
For more information on the items above, click HERE.