Mitacs Elevate is now accepting applications for two-year postdoctoral funding:
- $60,000 annual award (plus $7,500 per year non-cash value in training)
- Exclusive, customized professional development training
- Long-term collaborative research project with a non-academic partner
- Intent to Apply and Conflict of Interest declaration: January 24, 2018, at 5 p.m. PT
- Intent to Apply is not required to submit an application
- Pre-review of draft applications: February 7, 2018, at 5 p.m. PT
- Application: February 21, 2018, at 1 p.m. PT
- Results announced: June 2018
- Projects must start by September 5, 2018
For questions or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships for the Next Generation of Scientists: 2018 Competition
The Cancer Research Society is pleased to announce the launch of its 2018 Scholarships for the Next Generation of Scientists competition, an initiative aiming at supporting future generations of Canadian researchers. The Scholarship is broken down into two parts, and extends over a period of 3 years, with no possibility for renewal.
Deadline: April 27, 2018
Part 1: Postdoctoral Salary Award – 1 year * – $40,000
One year postdoctoral salary award for a candidate finishing his/her fellowship. The candidate must have completed at least two years of postdoctoral training at the time he/she accepts the salary award.
* Possibility of extending Part 1 of this award for a maximum period of 6 months.
Part 2: Operating Grant – 2 years – $120,000 ($60,000/year)
Operating grant award once the candidate has obtained a faculty position at a recognized Canadian institution.
You have two options for submitting your application.
- Using the WeTransfer file transfer service. The deadline for submitting your electronic files via WeTransfer is April 27, 2018, 11:59 pm (EST).
- Saving on two (2) CDs or two (2) USB keys and sending it by mail or courier, as per the instructions on our website. The deadline for mailing your application is April 27, 2018. Applications must be postmarked on or before this date.
For additional information on the competition, click HERE.
For all questions, please contact Lucille Beaudet or Irina Navarrete at email@example.com or, toll free, 1 888-766-2262.