The University of Alberta is one of this country’s most research-intensive universities. The Research Services Office (RSO) is a great support to researchers, as it identifies potential research funding opportunities and helps to process and manage applications and awards. For more information on your RSO, click HERE.
The McCalla Professorships, named after the first Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research, Arthur Gilbert McCalla, provide faculty members with an opportunity to explore and implement strategies integrating their research and teaching. Recipients, nominated by their Faculty, are outstanding academics who have made significant contributions to their field of research, teaching and learning. The awards provide funding for research and teaching initiatives. These awards are tenable at the University of Alberta.
A. G. McCalla was Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies from 1957 – 1971. Pictured above circa 1970.
McCalla Professorships – Small Faculties
For information about application procedures see:
McCalla Professorship Application and Selection Procedure (UAPPOL)
The application deadline for Small Faculties is the first working day of December.
McCalla Professorships – Large Faculties
Large Faculties are responsible for their own adjudication processes. For faculty-specific application procedures and deadlines please visit their website or contact:
- Faculty of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences: Dean’s Office, 780-492-0102
- Faculty of Arts: Nancie Hodgson, 780-492-7452
- Alberta School of Business: Deanna Hoffman, 780-492-3054
- Faculty of Education: Van Dam, 780-492-8567
- Faculty of Engineering: Dean’s Office, 780-492-5925
- Faculty of Medicine: Vice Dean (Education), 780-492-5995
- Faculty of Science: Associate Dean (Research), 780-492-3169
Large Faculties are to submit recommendations to the Office of the Provost and Vice-President (Academic) no later than the last working day in January.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: